- How to Rent the CCPA
- Rental Times & Availability
Rental Times & Availability
Ready to rent? Call us at 319.248.9371 or e-mail Evan Hilsabeck to begin your rental process.
Theater rental times
The CCPA auditorium and stage are available for rental from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM, every day except the holidays noted below. We schedule rentals in three different time-blocks:
- 5-hour rental — best for recitals, business meetings, lectures, or other limited events.
- Full-day rental — best for large events, concerts with equipment, anything with scenery, lighting, or sound requirements.
- Week-long rental — best for events requiring rehearsal, such as theatrical productions or dance recitals.
Lobby rental times
The CCPA lobby is a perfect venue for graduation parties, small receptions, and come-and-go events. The CCPA lobby is available between 8:00 AM and 11:00 PM, every day except the holidays noted below. Lobby availability is dependent on the theater's schedule, and some dates will not be available. Rental blocks are available in two options:
- 4-hour rental — best for short business gatherings, or other events that don't include lobby decoration
- 6-hour rental — best for graduation receptions and any event that includes decorations
The following holidays are not usually available for single-day rentals, but please contact us if you have a special request: New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
How far in advance can I rent?
We begin accepting bookings for 5-hour, full-day, and lobby rentals 18 months in advance of the requested date. We begin accepting bookings for week-long theatre rentals two calendar years in advance of the requested date.
We recommend booking as early as possible. November/December and April/May are particularly busy times, and those dates will book early.
Can I book a last-minute rental?
The rental process is made easier with plenty of advance planning. However, if you have an emergency and need to find a new venue for your reception, meeting, or event, please contact us. We usually need a minimum of one week to schedule the necessary staff.
The CCPA is open for rental during the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and safety of our patrons and renters is our top priority, and several changes to our normal rental procedures are in effect. We will work with each renter to find safe options for proceeding with an event. We encourage you to speak with us.
For additional information, amenities, and reservations, contact the Coralville Center for the Performing Arts by email or call 319.248.9370.